The Library was established in 1954 at the same time as the Tour du Valat. It is dedicated to François Bourlière, a pioneer in the field of nature conservation and ecology.
The library's reference material, at first devoted mainly to ornithology, has been built up to include related fields of research, ecology and conservation.
- 8 100 publications and theses
- 21 700 articles, booklets and reports
- 1 250 periodicals, 60 of which are current
The reference section specialises in the following fields:
- General ecology, wetland ecology
- Nature conservation
- Management and protection of wetlands, especially in the Mediterranean region
- Zoology: mammalogy, ichthyology, herpetology
Monday to Friday, 9 am to 12 noon and 1 pm to 5.30 pm.
Tour du Valat
Le Sambuc - 13200 Arles (France)
Tel. : +33 (0)4 90 97 29 76 Fax : +33 (0)4 90 97 20 19
E-mail : fausti(at)tourduvalat.org